de.mpg.escidoc.pubman.appbase.FacesBean
Deutsch
 
Hilfe Wegweiser Impressum Kontakt Einloggen
  DetailsucheBrowse

Datensatz

DATENSATZ AKTIONENEXPORT

Freigegeben

Zeitschriftenartikel

Determination of molecular orientational order in cold- stretched poly (p-phenylene vinylene) thin films by DECODER C- 13 NMR

MPG-Autoren
http://pubman.mpdl.mpg.de/cone/persons/resource/persons48014

Hehn,  M.
MPI for Polymer Research, Max Planck Society;

Externe Ressourcen
Es sind keine Externen Ressourcen verfügbar
Volltexte (frei zugänglich)
Es sind keine frei zugänglichen Volltexte verfügbar
Ergänzendes Material (frei zugänglich)
Es sind keine frei zugänglichen Ergänzenden Materialien verfügbar
Zitation

Kropewnicki, M. L., Schaefer, D. J., Hehn, M., Dermaut, W., Geise, H. J., & Chmelka, B. F. (2002). Determination of molecular orientational order in cold- stretched poly (p-phenylene vinylene) thin films by DECODER C- 13 NMR. Solid State Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, 22(2-3), 275-297.


Zitierlink: http://hdl.handle.net/11858/00-001M-0000-000F-6511-9
Zusammenfassung
The properties of polyp-phenylene vinylene) (PPV) films depend on the degree of orientational order present in the films. Recently, Dermaut et al. reported a novel cold-stretching technique (Macromolecules 33, 5634-5637 (2000)) in which chain alignment can be introduced into PPV precursor films by uniaxially stretching them prior to the thermal elimination reaction that forms PPV. The two-dimensional direction exchange with correlation for orientation-distribution evaluation and reconstruction (DECODER) C-13 NMR technique was applied to both unstretched PPV films and PPV films that were uniaxially cold stretched to a draw ratio lambda = l/l(0) = 5. The unstretched films were found to be moderately ordered, comprised of a component present at 80% with a Gaussian distribution of 60degrees fwhm, while the remaining 20% is isotropically distributed. A distribution of 9 3 fwhm was measured by NMR in good agreement with IR dichroism measurements for the uniaxially cold-stretched films, establishing that a high degree of orientational order can be introduced by cold stretching PPV films. (C) 2002 Elsevier Science (USA).